We are always searching for associates to help us fulfill our commitment to provide the highest level of safety, customer service and professionalism.
Apply for any of our ongoing positions: Embraer 145 captains, mechanics, RII Inspectors, Maintenance Controllers and Dispatchers. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for future consideration.
Thank you to everyone who applied for our current openings. We had a great response and are currently reviewing applicants for our Dispatch and HR Manager Openings. At this time we are no longer accepting applications.
Sterling Airways is currently looking for a qualified Aircraft Dispatcher to fill a position located in Jacksonville, FL (JAX):
The Aircraft Dispatcher position will perform flight planning and flight following functions in compliance with Company manuals, the Operation Specifications and applicable FARs. The person selected for this role must be able to work a varied schedule in a 24/7 environment. This is not a remote position. You must be able to work in the office, in Jacksonville, Florida. No relocation assistance is offered.
Sterling Airways’ initial group of leadership includes personnel that have been in the airline industry for a combined 200+ years. Our goal is to become a large and successful regional airline, and we strongly believe that the market is perfect for a new airline to enter the industry.
- Has joint responsibility with the Captain for the safe dispatch of the airplane.
- Monitors, analyzes, calculates flight factors, airplane performance, operating limitations, MEL/CDL/NEF, weather reports, NOTAMS and creates/updates flight plans.
- Performs flight planning and flight following duties in accordance with the FAR’s, Operations Specifications, and Company policy.
- Maintains Operational Control; operational planning of all movements, initiation, continuation, diversion, termination, and cancellation of all flights planned or conducted.
- Creates an environment that encourages teamwork by:
- Informing management of unique or difficult situations
- Providing on-going assistance to other dispatchers using DRM
- Establishing and maintaining working relationship with employees in pertinent areas such as Maintenance, Crew Scheduling Resources and Flight Operations
- Completes required dispatch training within the time limits as outlined by the FAR’s
- Required: Current FAA Aircraft Dispatcher certificate
- Preferred: 1 year of Operational Control experience in a 14 CFR Part 121 Domestic/Flag airline
- 23 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the movie, “Airplane!”
- Be able to fluently read, speak, write, understand, or otherwise dominate the English language
To apply, please submit your resume with your FAA Certificate Number and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sterling Airways is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources generalist to join its rapidly growing team as Human Resources Manager. This position could be remote to start, with relocation in the future to Jacksonville, FL (JAX).
The HR Manager is responsible for the effective and consistent coordination of HR business processes, functions, and procedures, and monitors all HR projects and workflows. This person will implement and support an associate management process including but not limited to selection, onboarding, associate engagement and benefits.
Sterling Airways is a new Part 121 airline carrier. Sterling’s initial group of leadership includes personnel that have been in the airline industry for a combined 200+ years. Our goal is to become a large and successful regional airline, and we strongly believe that the market is perfect for a new airline to enter the industry.
- Enhances Sterling’s associate relations by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Updates job requirements and job descriptions for all positions as needed.
- Supports Sterling by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; and conducting and analyzing exit interviews.
- Prepares associates for roles through company onboarding processes.
- Supports a healthy company culture by developing associate review/feedback processes, hearing and resolving associate grievances, and counseling associates and supervisors.
- Manages associate benefits programs; directs the processing of benefit claims; answers associate benefits questions and conducts educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring, maintaining, and implementing applicable human resource policies and programs to meet federal, state and FAA requirements.
- Prepares, updates, and recommends human resource policies and procedures.
- Retains historical human resource records.
- Develops and implements an interactive performance and development recognition program, including training for both associates and supervisors.
- Develops and implements timely and ongoing associate engagement and communication programs, including company retreats, town-halls and networking opportunities for associate morale.
- 3+ years of generalist experience in Human Resources in a corporate or business unit environment.
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Hands-on HR administrative experience required, including familiarity with Human Resource Information Systems.
- Project and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous management/supervisory experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Human resources, associate relations, business management or similar field preferred.
- PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
- Understanding of airline practices and/or FAA regulations preferred.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.